What a year it’s been here at The Whisky Club. It’s been “hard work” to bring you 12 of the world’s tastiest single malts and we hope you've had as much fun drinking them as we’ve had choosing them.
Entries into our Vote to Win promotion have now closed but you can still vote for your favourites below. Congratulations Peter Truby, you've won the draw and January's incredible 20 year old single cask!
1) On the first day of my true love sent to me: A Glenfarclas in a pear tree.
2) On the second day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: two Ardmores.
Who else sat on Santa's knee and asked for a bottle of Glenfarclas 10 Year Old 50% ABV? For the first time ever, Glenfarclas made it happen just for us - 10 Year Old bottled at 50% created exclusively for the Club's December dram. It's the perfect Christmas treat.
Our special Berry Bros. & Rudd Ardmore 2008 bottling was fit for royalty but they can’t always hog all the good stuff. This November we got to enjoy it instead of Lizzy, Charles and the gang!
3) On the third day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: three Miltonduffs.
4) On the fourth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: four Shelter Points.
After decades of being the backbone to Ballantine's blends, The Miltonduff 15 Year Old finally had its time in the sun this October.
Who knew such great whisky (without the 'e') could come from Canada? Shelter Point Single Malt blew us out of the water in September. Watch out for big things from them.
5) On the fifth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: five Tullibardine The Murrays
6) On the sixth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 6 Glen Scotias.
It's been a long time between drinks for Tullibardine in Australia. In August the Club brought the first offical shipment into the country in over a decade, and it was good. So good. It was their inaugural The Murray release and the first Tullibardine whisky made this century at cask strength - were you one of the only lucky Australians to get a bottle of Tullibardine The Murray 2004?
The tiny Glen Scotia distillery from Campbeltown has established a massive fan base here in Aus since we brought the Glen Scotia 15 Year Old into the country for the very first time back in July.
7) On the seventh day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 7 Loch Lomonds.
8) On the eighth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 8 Distillers Editions.
We introduced Loch Lomond 12 Year Old to Australia for the very first time back in June, and it was quite unlike anything else we had ever tasted.
Back in May we brought this Australian exclusive to our Members, widely lauded as one of the most successful double-matured malts out there... the Dalwhinnie Distillers Edition.
9) On the ninth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 9 Tomatins
10) On the tenth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 10 Irishmen.
St Patrick's Day wouldn't be the same without green beer and Irish Whiskey. The Whisky Club was happy to oblige with this triple-distilled Irish beauty, The Irishman 12 Year Old for March.
11) On the eleventh day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 11 Kilkerrans.
12) On the twelfth day of Whiskmas my true love sent to me: 12 Edradours.
Possibly the most anticipated new release of the decade, Kilkerran 12 Year Old made its long awaited Australian debut with the Club back in February, and it sure didn't disappoint!
We end this merry song with what was a cracking start to the year; the enormously popular exclusive Club import of the tiny Edradour Distillery’s Caledonia 12 Year Old back in January. That’s it, another year done, and even more incredible single malts lined up for 2018 exclusively for our Members, starting with a bang in January with a jaw-dropping 20 year old.