Member Spotlight: David Bravos
Welcome to our Member Spotlight series, where we shine a light on all of our wonderful Members who make up Australia’s biggest community of whisky lovers.
Today we’re chatting to David Bravos. So, pour yourself a dram and get to know your fellow Whisky Clubbers a little better.
If you’re keen to be our next Member under the spotlight (and score next month’s whisky on the house while you’re at it), shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Alright, over to you, David.
You can more or less enjoy it (whisky) how you like, where you like, with whomever you like. It’s as suited to loud nights out as it is to quiet evenings at home, and everything in between.
1. How long have you been a Member? A shade over four years.
2. Where do you live? In the beautiful Swan Valley in Western Australia.
3. What’s been your favourite Whisky Club release so far? The Limeburners PX Sherry. Limeburners is from the South-West of WA, and I love their range (and I like to buy local!). This Whisky Club special edition was simply sensational, and I felt a sense of loss when I finished it.
4. How did you get into the wonderful world of whisky? My Grandfather told me about how his dad used to have a drop before bed. We shared an old, dusty bottle of Ballantine’s from before I was born, and I was hooked.
5. What do you love about whisky? You can more or less enjoy it how you like, where you like, with whomever you like. It’s as suited to loud nights out as it is to quiet evenings at home, and everything in between.
6. Is there a whisky you’re saving for a special occasion? I found and purchased a bottle from the year I was born. There’s something special about drinking a whisky born at the same time as me, and I’m yet to have the occasion big enough to open it.
7. Tell us a bit about your favourite whisky in your collection? Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira cask finish. I bought it duty-free on the way home from my wedding in Las Vegas, so it’s a lovely tasting drop that brings back good memories.
8. If you could share a dram with anyone, anywhere, what would you drink, who would you choose and where would you be drinking? I always have fun sharing a drop with my best mate Pete, and he lives in Sydney so it’s a rarer event than we’d like. He likes smoky whereas I like sweet, and The Whisky Club’s Starward Charred Red Wine Cask fit the brief perfectly. It’d be nice to share some of that watching the footy in Melbourne.
9. Other than whisky, is there anything else you collect? Gin. I love the so many different places a standard G & T can take you.
10. What’s your favourite thing to eat while you’re having a dram? Can’t go past a good whisky whilst enjoying some vanilla ice cream.
11. Finish this sentence: whisky is: the perfect finish to any day.