The Whisky Club's Whisky of the Year 2018
2018 has been an incredible year at The Whisky Club. We’ve partaken in some extraordinary single malt exclusives and now we’d love to know which was your favourite! Vote for your Whisky of the Year and be sure to leave a comment below for your chance to win a free bottle of our January whisky, the World Exclusive Hellyers Road 16 Year Old Tasmanian Single Malt.
1) The silver-tinned 20 Year Old Single Cask Glenlossie set lofty standards
2) The Club's first Australian whisky, the Limeburners P.X. Sherry Cask
We set the bar high for 2018 right from the very start, with the smashing Glenlossie 20 Year Old Single Cask bottled for us by the legendary Signatory Vintage
February was a month of firsts, the Limeburners P.X. Sherry Cask was not only the Club's first Australian whisky, it also was also the first to wear our Created Exclusively for The Whisky Club badge.
3) Ireland meets Japan with the Glendalough 13 Year Old Mizunara Finish
4) The morish Arran Moscatel was full of flavours
We spotted a few tipsy leprechauns on St Patrick's day when East met West in the Glendalough 13 Year Old Mizunara Finish, the incredible Irish Whiskey finished in the ultra rare Mizunara oak casks from Japan. A real favourite that we couldn't get enough of!
In April we enjoyed another rare cask variety, with the 2008 Arran Moscatel Cask, one of only a handful of 100% Moscatel cask matured whiskies ever produced.
5) P.X., Mizunara, Moscatel... next stop Manzanilla with Inchmurrin
6) The Tullibardine The Murray Châteauneuf-du-Pape was the perfect winter warmer.
The range of styles the Loch Lomond distillery can turn out is second to none, and the 2009 Inchmurrin Manzanilla Finish Single Cask was the perfect example of just what they are capable of.
With its French wine finish bringing plenty of red fruits and toffee, the Tullibardine The Murray 2005 Châteauneuf-du-Pape was the perfect accompaniment to the fire place this June.
7) Creme Brûlée in a bottle, the Armorik Whisky de Bretagne
8) The English Whisky Co. charmed us in August
The Club celebrated its 4th Birthday in July with the perfect whisky to mark the occasion, the Armorik Whisky de Bretagne. It's like drinking cake, yum!
Like a little red roadster, but without the leaks on your driveway. The English Whisky Company put together a charming small batch just for us in August.
9) By hand and by heart... by golly The Glenturret was good
10) The Aussie revival of the legend of the Lowland, Bladnoch
With just a hint of peat, The Glenturret was the perfect way to warm into Spring this September.
Thanks to Aussie entrepreneur David Prior, legendary Lowland distillery's stills have been fired up again, and we celebrated in October with the amazing Bladnoch Cask Strength, created exclusively for The Club.
11) The birth of Aberlour's new icon
12) All hail the king of luxury scotch, The Macallan Classic Cut 2018
November was time to welcome the new Aberlour icon, with Batch 0001 of the new Casg Annamh a very welcome addition to the shelves of both whisky drinkers and collectors alike.
Who else loves a Royal visit? We do, though we'll take The Macallan Classic Cut 2018 before Lizzie and Phil any day.