Christmas Chocolate Whisky Balls
Step aside, rum. Christmas just got merrier as we put a whisky twist on a Christmas institution.
Rum balls are a must-have at Christmas time. Nothing gets you in the Christmas spirit quite like a booze-infused chocolate treat. And when you swap out the rum for a splash of single malt? Ho ho hOMG, is all we can say.
These are easy to make and even easier to eat.
2/3 cup unsweetened 100% cocoa powder
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/3 cup creamy almond butter
1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
1 tbsp of single malt whisky (your choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
Dash of sea salt
Extra cocoa powder for dusting (optional) Desiccated coconut for dusting (optional)
1. Grab a large bowl and add the cocoa powder (remember to save a little for later), coconut flour, almond meal and sea salt.
2. Mix in the almond butter, and once combined add the maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, whisky and finally the melted chocolate.
3. Ensure it’s all mixed together well, just use your hands, and then roll into bite-sized balls.
4. Place them on a tray and pop them into the freezer for around an hour until they’re firm.
5. Once they’re hard, take the balls out of the freezer and dust them with the extra cocoa or coconut.
6. Put them back in the freezer or fridge to keep them fresh.
Too easy, right? Let us know if you make some, we’d love to hear what you think! Be sure to tag us in some photos on Facebook and Instagram too.